Maureen Metcalf, Founder, CEO, and Board Chair of Metcalf & Associates is a highly sought-after expert in anticipating and leveraging future business trends to transform organizations. She has captured her thirty years of experience and success in an award-winning series of books which are used by public, private and academic organizations to align company-wide strategy, systems and culture with innovative leadership techniques. As a preeminent change agent, Ms. Metcalf has set strategic direction and then transformed her client organizations to deliver significant business results such as increase profitability, cycle time reduction, improved quality, and increased employee effectiveness. For years, she has been willing to share her hard-won insights – through conference speaking, industry publications, radio talk-shows, and video presentations.
Metcalf & Associates has a 25+ year track record of delivering value to high-performing clients ranging from local Ohio small businesses to Fortune 15 organizations to the US Armed Forces. Client industry mainstays include: technology, engineering, manufacturing, financial, and medical services. Metcalf & Associates also has an international presence having been on-the-ground helping companies in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Areas of Transformational Expertise include: implementing change in strategic direction, merger/acquisition/spin-off/divestment, large scale system installation (enterprise resource planning ERP), business re-engineering, governance, and succession planning.
She is the host of Voice America international radio show focusing on innovative leadership, and the author of an award-winning book series on Innovative Leadership, including the Innovative Leaders Guide to Transforming Organizations, winner of a 2014 International Book Award. She also writes about leadership and organizational transformation for Forbes.com.
Maureen is a valued board member to a number of organizations. Before founding Metcalf & Associates, she worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers and Accenture as a Senior Manage transforming organizations.
Innovative Leadership Transformation Consultant Areas of Expertise
- Business strategy development
- Implementing change in strategic direction
- Large scale systems implementation (Enterprise Resource Planning/ERP)
- Business reengineering
- Succession planning
- Leadership assessment and development
- Innovation Consulting and Solution Design
- Executive Coaching
- Team and Organizational Assessment
- Business Infrastructure Design and Development
- Organizational Transformation Consulting (including change management)
View Maureen’s LinkedIn profile to read additional recommendations.
Innovative Leadership Transformation Consultant Accomplishments
- Founded and run Metcalf & Associates, Inc, a management consulting firm dedicated to identifying trends impacting client industry and developing innovative business strategies, business and leadership practices that ensure clients accomplish their missions and create long term success. Winner of Insight Success 50 Fastest Growing and Most Valuable Consulting Firms in 2016, the company’s approach is grounded in research and proven in practice. Pioneered ground breaking approach to innovate leadership and organizational transformation published in 9 internationally awarded text books and cited in many more.Clients range from top Fortune 15 companies, a multi-billion technology firm, to large manufacturing and insurance companies. Projects focus on all aspects of driving effective transformation, often starting with strategic planning and including a component of major technology implementation and the associated leadership and people changes.Sample project activities: Facilitated large scale change ranging from a mid-sized technology firm to a large manufacturing company ERP implementation, to physician based organizations.Key results included:
• Defined strategic planning process and conducted planning sessions
• Developed a scorecard to track results aligned with strategic priorities
• Identified key transformation focus and high impact projects
• Led overall transformation activities
• Assessed, trained and developed leaders
• Facilitated a reduction of employees based on industry benchmarks to maintain profitability
• Launched a wholly owned subsidiary to diversity earning portfolio
• Spun-off business units to focus on highest impact opportunities
• Insourced key functions – increased staff by 300% and reduced cost structure by 35%, improved cycle time and quality for highly specialized health care organization
• Reorganized companies and business units
• Improved organizational efficiency of key departments by implementing process transformation
• Conducted culture change initiatives focused on improving employee productivity and engagement
- As a Board Member of a nonprofit university (joined the board when organization was in receivership).
• Developed strategic planning process and led planning activities
• Led updating of by-laws
• Led board restructuring
• Played key role in acquisition by a local nonprofit university
- As Board President of a nature preserve, led transformation efforts:
• Created business plan
• Managed operations
• Sold retreat center
• Managed merger with larger nature preserve to ensure long term success of the organization
Selected Education, Training, and Certifications
- Masters of Business Administration,VIRGINIA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY
- Deep Coaching Practitioner (Includes Presence Based Coaching and Enneagram Coaching)– Deep Coaching Institute – Certified by International Coaching Federation and International Enneagram Association
- Ecosynomics/Organizational Vibrancy Assessment and Agreements Mapping – Levels I & II
- Generating Transformative Change in Human Systems (GTC) – Leadership Institute of Seattle / Bastyr University and Pacific Integral
- Leadership Development Profile (LDP/MAP) – Harthill USA – Susann Cook-Greuter
- Immunities to Change Process – Kegan and Lahey
- The Leadership Circle Profile™
- Spiral Dynamics I, II and MacroMemetics – Spiral Dynamics Integral
- Deep Change Spiritual Intelligence Coach (certified in spiritual intelligence assessment – SQ21)