Maureen Metcalf , the CEO and Founder of Metcalf & Associates, Inc., bringing 30 years of business experience to support your leadership and organizational success. She is recognized as a thought leader who demonstrates strategic vision coupled with the ability to analyze, develop, and implement successful strategies for profitability, growth and sustainability. As a leadership transformation advisor working with two “Big Four” Management consulting firms for 12 years, Maureen managed and contributed to successful completion of a wide array of projects from strategy development and organizational design for start-up firms to large system change for well established firms. She has worked with a number of Fortune 50 clients delivering a wide range of significant business results such as: increased profitability, cycle time reduction, increased productivity, and improved quality.
Maureen brings a combination of intellectual rigor and discipline along with an ability to translate theory into practice to all of her client engagements. She applied her rigor and practical approach as the co-author of the 2012 International Book Award winning Innovative Leadership Fieldbook. She is a primary author on the Innovative Leadership Workbook Series that serve as companions to the Fieldbook. She designs and teaches MBA classes in Leadership and Organizational Transformation at Capital University. As a result, Maureen is uniquely qualified to work with clients to in developing innovative leadership skills that allow them to function more effectively and to transform their organizations to thrive in the current dynamic business conditions. Maureen is also an acclaimed speaker on the topics of innovative leadership, resilience and organizational transformation.
Innovative Leadership Transformation Consultant Areas of Expertise:
- Business Strategy Development
- Leadership Assessment and Development
- Change Management Planning and Implementation
- Innovation Consulting and Solution Design
- Executive Coaching
- Project Management
- Business Infrastructure Design and Development
- Performance Improvement Consulting
View Maureen’s LinkedIn profile to read additional recommendations.
Innovative Leadership Transformation Consultant Accomplishments
- Maureen Metcalf’s current focus is on helping her clients enhance their capacity to lead effective transformations while concurrently changing the overall system and culture of the organization. By changing systems and culture while building skills, organizations realize sustainable transformation leading to significant business results.
- Co-author and lead architect of the Innovative Leadership Fieldbook and Innovative Leadership Workbook Series – translating leading theory into practical solutions. This integrated leadership development approach and service for leaders supports their development as they progress through their careers. The workbook series is accompanied workshops, online development solution and coaching.
- As Board President of a Non-Profit Land Preservation organization, led a transition from an unsustainable business model to one that is financially stable and sustainable long term. Expanded the board to include a broad range of necessary skills and create opportunities for local business leaders to expand their skills through board experience. Developed vision that guided the transition. Expanded community awareness and involvement. Eventually merged the organization with a larger nature preserve to sustain the legacy of nature preservation and connecting people to the natural world.
- Led a project to transform the IT department under the direction of the new CIO. Managed the project and led organizational transformation activities using a systematic approach including included: developing vision and guiding principles; managed guiding principle implementation project; assessed leadership team using The Leadership Circle Profile 360 assessment and provided coaching; facilitated transition to new organizational structure including defining roles and responsibilities for each role and planned transition activities; developed support processes and tools to sustain the change such as new performance evaluation forms. Transition was successfully completed and the organization successfully implemented and ERP system during and after this transition.
- Managed the transformation efforts for multiple ERP implementations at manufacturing and distribution companies. Engagements included: planning the change management project; tailoring tools; coaching project leadership; developed high level process flows; developed and tracked metrics for high impact processes; identified highest impact change positions and implemented preliminary job changes prior to system launch; facilitating job change workshops; conducting team effectiveness interventions among the project team; planning overall project communication; developed knowledge transfer approach; created change management tool kit to allow internal resources to perform site roll-out. Initial sites were successfully implemented and client picked up change responsibilities. Change activities completed on time and under budget and post system support reduced at sites using change management tools.
Selected Education, Training, and Certifications
- Masters of Business Administration, VIRGINIA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY
- Deep Coaching Practitioner (Includes Presence Based Coaching and Enneagram Coaching)– Deep Coaching Institute – Certified by International Coaching Federation and International Enneagram Association
- Generating Transformative Change in Human Systems (GTC) – Leadership Institute of Seattle / Bastyr University and Pacific Integral
- Leadership Development Profile (LDP/MAP) – Harthill USA – Susann Cook-Greuter
- Immunities to Change Process – Kegan and Lahey
- The Leadership Circle Profile™
- Spiral Dynamics I, II and MacroMemetics – Spiral Dynamics Integral
- Deep Change Spiritual Intelligence Coach (certified in spiritual intelligence assessment – SQ21)